The idea of repiping your home can be scary to many homeowners. The work involved and perceived cost can seriously dissuade anyone from investing in this service. But the fact is, repiping is often the better choice in many instances. Homes in Lansing and East Lansing, MI can rely on The Meridian Company to provide them with the best advice on whether to repair or replace their pipes.
Is your home's heating running efficiently? Contact our team for proper maintenance services that can save you money!
Signs you Should Repipe
If the idea of repiping your home is daunting, consider this: in many cases, replacing older pipes with a new, more efficient system will result in considerable monthly savings. Some signs that you need to consider replacing your pipes include:
- Noticing a change in the color of your water.
- Experiencing bad tasting or bad smelling water.
- Rising water bills.
- If there is a change in your water pressure.
If repiping services are necessary, the experts at The Meridian Company can walk you through the process and explain each step, making sure you are comfortable and confident in your decision.
PEX vs. Copper
Two main piping materials are standard in the industry. Both offer benefits and advantages such as removing any metallic taste from your water. There are, however, some differences that would make one type better over the other for certain homeowners.
- Inexpensive to install.
- Flexible material makes it easy to install and repair if needed.
- Cannot be connected directly to a water heater.
- Sensitive to UV light and, therefore, cannot be used outside.
- Lasts longer than PEX.
- Strong and sturdy, joints will not sag.
- Is not prone to leak.
- The upfront cost to install it is more expensive.
Sometimes a full repiping service is not necessary! If you have a burst pipe at home, learn about the best options for you by reaching out to us today!
Experience The Meridian Company Difference
With each service call, we promise to uphold these values:
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: We promise you’ll be satisfied with our work. Call for details.
- Guaranteed Pricing: The price we confirm before the work begins is the price you will pay, end of story.
- Environmental Commitment: We recycle and work with companies that provide sustainable materials and share our green values.
- Respect: We treat your property as if it’s our own, with respect.