Natural gas is a dangerous, combustible, colorless, and odorless fume that can cause serious health issues if inhaled by humans or animals. It’s so bad for us that gas companies put an additive in it to make it smell bad so that it is more easily detected. The Meridian Company works to help homeowners in Lansing and East Lansing, MI detect and repair gas line problems in a safe and efficient way.
Did you know that tree branches backing up into your drains can cause sewer line problems? Schedule with our sewer line repair experts for fast turnarounds!
Signs of a Gas Leak
As a homeowner, keeping your family protected from the dangers of a gas leak means knowing what to look for. Some of the most common signs of this emergency situation include:
- Smelling rotten eggs is a sure sign of a leak. This is the additive that gas companies put in the gas to make it smell bad and make it easier to detect if a leak is present.
- An audible hissing sound is usually present if your gas line has a tear in it. This is the sound of the gas escaping the line.
- Leaks that occur in the line below ground in your yard will cause the grass or vegetation above it to turn brown or die.
What To Do If You Have a Leak
Gas leaks can be very dangerous due to the nature of the fume and how flammable and combustible it is. If you suspect a leak in your home, take the following precautions to protect your family:
- Call the gas company so they can turn off the gas to your home.
- Call The Meridian Company to come in for a professional repair.
- Make sure your appliances are turned off.
- Open the windows to air it out.
- Evacuate the home.
- Do not start your car if it is parked close to the house.
When inhaled, gas causes nausea, dizziness, and fatigue in humans. If you or a loved one are experiencing any of these symptoms, we recommend you see a doctor right away to prevent serious health issues.
Deteriorated pipes can cause major water leaks! With round-the-clock service, call our technicians for leaky pipe repairs with upfront pricing.
With every service call, our customers can expect the following:
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Guaranteed Pricing
- Commitment to Environmental Preservation
- Respect for your Home and Property