Imagine getting out of bed on a cold winter morning, your feet touch the floor and instead of getting a shock from a cold floor, you experience warmth radiating from the floorboards. This is just one of the reasons radiant heating is so popular with homeowners in Lansing and East Lansing, MI.
For another heating option, we offer a heat pump installation! This type of unit captures heat from the environment and needs less fuel to operate. Call us to learn more!
How Does It Work?
Radiant heating works by pumping warm water through a series of flexible PEX pipes installed below your floorboards. These pipes loop around below your floor to create several zones in your home, making it easy to control the temperature of specific areas. These units can also use different options for heat sources such as boilers, geothermal, gas, or solar. Regardless of the heat source, radiant floors are extremely efficient, making them popular with homeowners.
What Are the Benefits?
There are many advantages to working with a radiant heating system. For one, you won’t have to worry about being barefoot at home since the heat radiates from the floor. Some other benefits of these units include:
- It’s estimated that up to 30% of heating power is lost within the ductwork of a forced-air heating system. Since a radiant system consists of warm water pumped through pipes in your floor, you are not losing power and therefore improving efficiency and saving money.
- Another downside to forced air systems is the pollen, dander, and other allergens that are pushed into the air. A radiant unit doesn’t add any allergens to the air, making it a top choice for allergy sufferers.
- Unlike traditional heating systems, these units run quietly. Homeowners often describe the noise akin to the gentle hum of a refrigerator since there is no air being blown throughout your home.
It's time to replace your furnace if you notice a yellow or flickering pilot light. Schedule your service with our licensed and insured team today!
Experience The Meridian Company Difference
Quality craftsmanship and comprehensive service come together when you call The Meridian Company. In addition to excellent work, we promise the following on each and every service call:
- Upfront Pricing: We confirm the price before work begins to save you from receiving a higher bill later.
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed: We are so confident in our work, we guarantee you will be happy.
- Respect: Our technicians treat your home as if it’s their own. We will clean and tidy any mess created by our work.
- Environmentally Conscious: We recycle materials and work with brands that share our commitment to the environment.