A blocked or ruptured sewer line can be a nightmare for many homeowners. This is why the technicians at The Meridian Company in Lansing and East Lansing, MI work to make the process of repairing or installing a new sewer line as painless and stress-free as possible.
If the water at home is running too cold, check out our water heater system services!
Signs of Sewer Line Problems
Chances are, if you are experiencing sewer line problems, you will notice the signs almost right away. The indicators of these problems are often difficult to ignore. Some of the most common signs that there is something wrong with the line include:
- Roots, dirt and tree branches backing up into your drains.
- A bad smell coming from your drains or toilet.
- Slow or standing water in your drains.
- Toilets backing up or not flushing properly.
- Weak ground around the area where the line is located.
If you notice any of these issues, call The Meridian Company right away for professional assessment and repair.
What Causes These Problems?
Many factors cause sewer lines to fail. The most common causes include:
- Tree roots reaching towards water sources, even if it means infiltrating tiny cracks in your sewer line to burst through and get to the water inside the pipes.
- A sudden shift in the ground or change in temperature caused by an extreme weather event can cause the pipes to shift, disconnect or burst.
- Over time, your pipes will corrode and wear out. This process is sped up by the use of chemical drain cleaners. Your pipes will become weak and more likely to wear out and rupture.
Other causes for sewer line issues are clogs, flushing too much toilet paper, non-water-soluble items, or foreign objects will all create blockages in the system.
We can take care of more than just your sewer lines! Our team provides top of the line electrical services that will leave you satisfied!
Our Personal Promise With Every Call
We have been helping homeowners with their plumbing since 1984. In that time, we have learned the importance of keeping your word and placing the customer first. This is why, in addition to solid work and expert service, we offer the following with each call:
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Price Guarantee
- Commitment to the Environment
- Respect for your Property and Home