A blocked or ruptured sewer line can be a nightmare for many homeowners. This is why the technicians at The Meridian Company in Lansing and East Lansing, MI work to make the process of repairing or installing a new sewer line as painless and stress-free as possible.
If the water at home is running too cold, check out our water heater system services!
Signs of Sewer Line Problems
Chances are, if you are experiencing sewer line problems, you will notice the signs almost right away. The indicators of these problems are often difficult to ignore. Some of the most common signs that there is something wrong with the line include:
- Roots, Clay Piping or Deteriorating Cast Iron causing a back up of your drains.
- A bad smell coming from your drains or toilet.
- Slow or standing water in your drains.
- Toilets backing up or not flushing properly.
- Weak ground around the area where the line is located.
If you notice any of these issues, call The Meridian Company right away for professional assessment and repair.
What Causes These Problems?
Many factors cause sewer lines to fail. The most common causes include:
- Tree roots reaching towards water sources, even if it means infiltrating tiny cracks in your sewer line to burst through and get to the water inside the pipes.
- A sudden shift in the ground or change in temperature caused by an extreme weather event can cause the pipes to shift, disconnect or burst.
- Over time, your pipes will corrode and wear out. This process is sped up by the use of chemical drain cleaners. Your pipes will become weak and more likely to wear out and rupture.
Other causes for sewer line issues are clogs, flushing too much toilet paper, non-water-soluble items, or foreign objects will all create blockages in the system.
We can take care of more than just your sewer lines! Our team provides top of the line electrical services that will leave you satisfied!
Sewer Line Replacement: What to Expect
From broken pipes to blockages, there are a number of problems your sewer system can present. If you suspect any of the following issues with your sewer lines, or don’t wait to contact The Meridian Company for high-quality pipe replacement services.
- Clogs in your sewer lines
- Bellied or sunken pipes from displaced soil
- Burst pipes
- Leaks in sewer line joints or seals
- Tree root intrusion
- Old, outdated, deteriorated, or damaged pipes
Wondering how sewer pipe replacement works? The traditional method involves digging up the ground around your sewer lines to expose the stretch of pipe that needs replacing. When the replacement process is complete, and your sewer system is functioning properly, the excavated ground will be refilled. Excavation is typically reserved for situations involving severely damaged or deteriorated pipes, and unique piping layouts. A far less disruptive, no-dig option is trenchless pipe replacement. With trenchless pipe repair, a resin-soaked liner is inserted into pre-existing sewer pipes to effectively seal off any cracks, separation, corrosion, or damage. This method is becoming increasingly popular, as it is generally cheaper, more cost-effective, more durable, and faster to complete.
It’s not always easy to find a sewer pipe replacement professional you can trust, but we deliver! Our highly skilled, certified, and experienced technicians are well trained to perform pipe repairs and installations of any size, scale, and complexity. We promise fast and reliable results that are built to last, and guarantee 100 percent customer satisfaction with each and every job we take on. Whether you need help diagnosing pipe problems, want an estimate for services you require, or are looking for assistance in determining the best course of action to tackle your plumbing task, look no further.
Our Personal Promise With Every Call
We have been helping homeowners with their plumbing since 1984. In that time, we have learned the importance of keeping your word and placing the customer first. This is why, in addition to solid work and expert service, we offer the following with each call:
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Price Guarantee
- Commitment to the Environment
- Respect for your Property and Home