Your furnace is what keeps you warm on those cold Lansing and East Lansing, MI nights. Trust the team at The Meridian Company to keep your furnace in excellent condition with expert repairs and maintenance.
Choose maximum control and efficiency of your homes heating and cooling by installing a ductless mini split HVAC system!
Annual Furnace Maintenance to Prevent Costly Problems
The best way to prevent a costly repair is to tune-up your furnace from time to time. We suggest you schedule yearly inspections in late spring or early autumn so we can identify and fix any issues that might arise in the coming colder weather.
So, what needs to be done during a furnace maintenance visit?
- Filter will be changed, if needed.
- Furnace ducts are an important element of your furnace function and will be inspected for any hot air leaks.
- The blower will be cleaned and lubricated.
- The inside of the furnace chamber will be checked for rust, holes, separated seams, and any other damage.
- The burners and pilot will be cleaned ensuring safer and more efficient burning.
- The "high limit" on the furnace will be checked to avoid the possibility of overheating and the gas meter to assess how much fuel your furnace is using.
Scheduling a tune-up before each winter season could make all the difference in lower energy bills, better whole-home comfort, and peace of mind knowing that your furnace is running as safely and as efficiently as possible, not to mention that you’re greatly reducing your chance of repairs in the future by maintaining your unit.
Signs you Need Furnace Repair
Is your furnace telling you something is wrong? If you experience any of the following signs, it could mean that you need a professional solution. Keep an eye out for any of the following:
- Strange noises coming from inside the system.
- Heating or cooling power loss.
- Water dripping or pooling around the unit.
- No air flowing from the registers.
Any number of these signs can point to a malfunction. As soon as you notice the issue, call the experts at The Meridian Company right away to catch the problem before it causes a complete breakdown.
No Heat? Check These Things Before Calling a Professional
Not sure if you need to call in your furnace contractor for repairs this winter season? If your furnace isn’t working properly, check the following before giving us a call:
- Is your furnace filter dirty? A dirty furnace filter could prevent proper airflow.
- Is your thermostat set to heat and to a higher temp than the current temperature in your home?
- Check the breakers to make sure there isn’t a blown fuse or tripped breaker. Ensure the switch that controls the heat should be set to the “ON” position.
- There should be a power switch near the furnace. Make sure it’s on.
- Ensure there isn’t furniture blocking the air vents in your home.
If you’ve tried all of these tips and still no heat, then give us a ring. We’ll be happy to come out and inspect your furnace and provide options for repair or replacement.
Are you struggling with persistent and costly furnace repairs? When your system becomes too old, it's time to consider a furnace replacement service for your peace of mind and savings!
What Is Covered During Furnace Maintenance?
The best way to increase longevity and keep your unit working efficiently is through regular maintenance. Depending on your unit, we recommend annual or semi-annual inspections and maintenance. Professional furnace maintenance always includes:
- Checking the furnace control board, limit control and gas valve.
- Inspect and calibrate the thermostat.
- Lubricate all moving parts.
- Inspect heat exchanger, belts for cracks, and flue for blockages.
- Inspect and clean burner operation.
- Check the status of the thermocouple and high limit.
- Double check all other safety controls.
- Inspect gas line for leaks.
- Clean and adjust blower motors if needed.
- Tighten all electrical or mechanical connections.
- Clean and inspect the function of the pilot light.
Some of the benefits of investing in regular maintenance include ensuring your furnace is working efficiently and protecting your family from the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Why Choose Us?
When you call The Meridian Company for your furnace services, you can expect the following special services added as standard features:
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: We guarantee you will be happy with our service.
- Price Guarantee: By discussing and confirming the price beforehand, we can eliminate any awkward bills after the work is done.
- Environmental Promise: We are committed to recycling and working with brands and materials that share our values.
- Respect: Your property is in good hands with us, we will treat your home like it’s our own.