If the idea of replacing your furnace makes you nervous, consider this: replacing an aging furnace with a newer, more modern model can save you hundreds, or thousands in repairs and energy bills. The Meridian Company helps homeowners in Lansing and East Lansing, MI replace or install new high-efficiency heating systems that will work reliably and save money.
If you want an HVAC system that can work for both the cold and warm seasons, take a look at our heat pump services!
Signs It’s Time to Replace your Furnace
There are several signs to look for that could indicate a furnace replacement service is going to be required. Some of the most telling indicators include:
- A yellow or flickering pilot light.
- Scale, also known as specks of rust collecting on the pilot light.
- Rising energy bills.
- If the unit has required frequent repairs in the past two years.
- Physical damage to the unit.
Your trusted professionals at The Meridian Company can let you know if replacing your furnace is a better option rather than repairing it.
How to Choose the Right Furnace
Shopping for a new furnace? Here are some things to take into consideration:
- Fuel type: The most common type of fuel used for furnaces is natural gas. Electric furnaces are the second most common type of furnace. Less used fuels nowadays are coal and wood, but they are still used in some areas.
- Fuel efficiency: Check the AFUE rating. The higher the percentage, the higher the efficiency. Many gas furnaces can achieve up to 98 AFUE ratings.
- Size of furnace: First, calculate the square footage of your home. Then, multiply that number by 40. Finally, determine your home’s climate zone to determine how many BTUs will be required to heat your home. Whichever number is lower will generally be the recommended size furnace for you.
- Price: The total cost of ownership considers energy use, as well as an estimated cost of installation and maintenance of the unit. Some furnaces whose ticket price may be higher often also tend to have a longer lifespan than cheaper models.
When selecting a new furnace to install, it helps to work with a licensed and experienced professional. When you call The Meridian Company, we can help you select the right make, model and size as well as ensure that your system is installed properly and will work efficiently for years to come.
Comfortable temperatures aren't the only factor in your indoor air quality! Make sure you're inhaling clean air with our AC filter services!
Benefits of Professional Furnace Replacement
When dealing with a furnace replacement, it’s important to trust professionals. Working in small spaces combined with working alongside combustible materials means that safety can be an issue for someone who doesn’t know what they are doing.
At The Meridian Company, our technicians work with all the latest building and safety codes. While working with only the best brands in the industry, we will also make sure your new system seamlessly integrates into your current ductwork, and we will test to ensure the new unit is working at peak efficiency. We guarantee our work, so you never have to worry about being dissatisfied, and our price guarantee ensures you won’t be surprised by an exorbitant bill.
Expect the Following with Every Call
When we decided to expand our business to encompass heating services, we knew we needed to stick to our core beliefs and continue to provide customers with noteworthy service. That’s why we include the following with every service call:
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Guaranteed Pricing
- Commitment to Preserving the Environment
- Respect for your Home and Personal Property