You depend on your drains to move wastewater out of your sink, tub or shower. If you ever have a clogged drain, you will experience a disruption in your service and other potential problems. Talk to the experts at The Meridian Company about our professional drain cleaning today.
If you suspect a water leak in your home, our team can detect and repair it swiftly to prevent serious damage!
Signs of a Drain Clog
With everyday use, your drains can become stuffed with materials such as hair, grease, food, and other minerals and substances. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms in your home, you may have a clogged or dirty drain that needs to be cleaned. Some of the main indications are:
- Slow draining or standing water in your shower, tub, or sink.
- Toilets that will not flush properly due to low water pressure.
- A Toilet that will not fill back up after flushing.
Common Causes of Clogs & How to Keep Them Away
Clogs happen, but to avoid plugging your pipes, here are some things you should never send down your drain.
- Food waste: Be sure to scrape extra food into the trash before placing plates in the sink, even if you have a disposal. Your disposal will be much more capable of handling smaller amounts of food scraps. Liquid grease should always be placed in a sealed container in the trash rather than dumped down the drain since it coats and pools in your pipes until it solidifies into a messy clog as it cools.
- Hair: This common clog tangles and attracts other debris to form even larger clogs. Installing screens over sink drains and in showers and tubs can save you the hassle of fishing it out of your pipes later on. It is easier to clean the screen rather than your piping system, so be sure to clear the screens every few weeks.
- Personal hygiene products: Keep anything but sewage and toilet paper out of toilets. Cotton balls, paper towels, q-tips, and other personal care items should be thrown away and never enter your plumbing system to ensure optimal functionality.
If clogged drains are plaguing your home, invest in professional drain cleaning. Liquid drain cleaner can do more harm than good, damaging your pipes, and can even push the clog further down the line. The Meridian Company provides safe, effective drain cleaning for even the toughest clogs. Give us a call and get your drain pipes flowing like new!
When to Call for Professional Drain Repair Services
Have you noticed that the water in your fixtures has been slower to drain over time? You may have even brushed it off for a while. Or maybe you’ve heard some strange noises coming from your walls and pipes, but thought little of it. Have you ever been suspicious of an unusually high water bill? Each of these scenarios could be the result of a drain clog wreaking havoc on your plumbing system. Slow-draining fixtures, pipe leaks, water backup, and gurgling or banging noises coming from your pipes are all signs that you probably have a blocked drain.
Take note of how your drains perform in all areas of your home, so that you can act fast when you suspect a pipe blockage has occurred. Catching clogs early on will save you time and money, as repairs will likely be less extensive.
- Kitchen: Washing food, grease, and cooking oils from dishes can contribute to clogs in your kitchen sink if substances make their way down your drains.
- Lavatory: Watch what you flush! Feminine products, diapers, baby and makeup wipes, floss, tissues, and cotton balls should be kept out of your toilet.
- Floor drains: Drains that are on the floor are prone to clogs, as dirt and debris collect in them easily. Floor drains are also a magnet for pet hair and fur.
- Bathtub: The combination of soap scum and hair is typically responsible for blockages in your bathtub drain.
- Shower: Much like your bathtub drain, soap, hair, and dead skin cells can adhere to your shower drain pipes over time. Consider a drain cover and hair catcher to keep these materials out of your pipes.
Instant, endless hot water is appealing. Tankless water heaters deliver it, and The Meridian Company provides quality installation services.
Benefits of Drain Cleaning
Most homeowners rely on chemical drain cleaners to fix clogs. These chemical cleaners use lye as an active ingredient that can quickly dissolve a clogged drain. However, it also weakens your pipes, leaving thin spots that can rupture or create cracks or pits that tree roots can infiltrate. Chemical drain cleaners also create a porous surface in your pipes which are the ideal location for obstructions to form in the future.
If you have a clog, we recommend safe and effective drain cleaning; this service will not only get rid of existing clogs; it will also prevent future clogs and increase the longevity of your pipes. We recommend investing in this service at least once per year to keep everything running smoothly.
Find out why we provide the best clogged toilet repair services in the Lansing area!
Why Work With Us?
Our skilled team of experts promises the following with each and every call:
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: We go above and beyond to make you happy.
- Guaranteed Pricing: You will never be surprised by an unpleasant bill.
- Environmentally Friendly: We recycle and use sustainable materials in conjunction with our commitment to the environment.
- Respect: We’re homeowners too, so we will always clean our messes and treat your property with respect.