As one of the largest components in your system, the air handler requires specific care and maintenance. At The Meridian Company, we work with homeowners to provide professional solutions to ensure their unit is working efficiently.
It's important to ensure all the components of your AC unit are running smoothly! Sign up for our AC maintenance services to prevent a costly repair or replacement service!
What Is an Air Handler?
This component is usually described as a large gray or metallic-looking box that is home to all the relevant subcomponents of your air conditioner. Items such as heating and cooling elements, circulation fans and blower motors, as well as items like the air filter and sound attenuators, are all found in the air handler.
This component is also attached directly to your ductwork, making it vital in distributing cooled and condensed air through your home.
Common Air Handler Problems
Some of the most common problems include:
- Contamination: If the air filter is dirty or clogged, dirt and debris can find its way into the system. Many parts of the handler require a clean environment to function properly. Contamination can lead to several issues throughout the system.
- Overheating: If parts of the system are straining to work efficiently, overheating may occur. This issue is also connected to contamination because if the unit is operating with a clogged air filter, it will work harder and eventually overheat. Other issues that lead to overheating include a faulty capacitor, relay or blower motor.
- Freezing: This issue specifically relates to the evaporator coil. If the coil becomes contaminated, it will freeze and stop working. If this happens, you will notice increased humidity in your home among other issues.
- Structural Damage: Dents, cracks, and leaks all require a professional repair as it can lead to contamination of the air handler.
We can help you prepare for any time of the year, cold or hot! Our furnace installation services can help you prepare for even the coldest winters!
Find Out What It's Like to Work With Us
In addition to excellent workmanship and comprehensive repairs and installations, we offer the following promises with each of our service calls:
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: We are so confident that you will be happy, we put a guarantee on it!
- Pricing Guarantee: The price we confirm prior to the work beginning is the price you pay. No exceptions.
- Respect: Any mess created by our work will be cleaned up before we leave.
- Environmental Commitment: We recycle and work with brands and materials that share our values.