As technology advances, the efficiency and reliability of our home appliances will also advance. This is particularly true with the tankless water heater. Many homeowners in Lansing and East Lansing, MI are choosing to make the switch.
Worried that you have a potential leak in your home? Schedule with one of our plumbing experts to locate and repair your water leaks.
How Do Tankless Water Heaters Work?
Tankless water heaters work by connecting directly to your plumbing. Unlike traditional water heaters that burn fuel 24-hours per day, a tankless system only heats up when hot water is requested from the tap. Sometimes referred to as “on-demand” units, these systems use a series of high-efficiency heating elements powered by a heat exchanger to change the temperature of your water.
What Are the Other Benefits?
Some of the top reasons homeowners switch to a tankless unit include:
- Since the heater is only on when hot water is requested, you will save on your energy bill.
- With increased efficiency, these units are better for the environment and help reduce your carbon footprint. It’s estimated that a traditional water heater gets a 60-65% efficiency rating while a tankless system can get up to 96%, meaning you will burn less fuel and use less energy.
- The unit connects directly to your plumbing, eliminating the need for a hot water tank and providing endless hot water.
- For smaller homes or houses where storage space is limited, these units are preferred because they take away the need for a large, bulky, hot water tank.
- These units typically last up to 20 years in your home when a standard water heater lasts only about 10-15 at the most.
- Without a hot water tank, tankless water heaters are less likely to develop leaks over time. This means less money spent on repairs and a more reliable system.
If a tankless unit isn't the right fit for you, then you might be interested in our standard water heaters
Reasons to Choose Us
At The Meridian Company, we are fully committed to providing our customers with the best possible service. This includes offering several unique features standard on every call, including:
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: We are so confident that you will be happy; we put a guarantee on it.
- No Hassle, Upfront Pricing: The price that is agreed upon before the work begins, is the price you will pay once it’s over.
- Respectful Technicians: Our technicians will respect your home as if it were their own.
- Environmental Promise: We recycle and work with brands who share our green values.