In Lansing and East Lansing, MI, winter gets extremely cold, so keep your family protected with timely heating replacement, installation, and maintenance as soon as possible. The experts at The Meridian Company can provide you with advice on when to replace your system with a newer, more efficient unit.
Have you considered a furnace installation service for your home? Our trusted technicians can get the job done right away!
When to Install a New Heater
Typically, a traditional heater will work efficiently in your home for about 20 years. After that time, it loses efficiency and begins to require more maintenance and repairs. Once this happens, it’s usually best to replace the unit with a newer, more efficient system. Some other reasons to consider heater replacement include:
- If the heater is always breaking down, malfunctioning, or requiring repairs, it makes more sense to replace it.
- Noticing rising heating costs is another sign that replacement is imminent. If your unit is working less efficiently, you will be paying more for heating and should replace the old unit with a newer model.
- When service parts for your unit are no longer available, it’s time to replace it.
If you notice anything strange with your system, it’s best to call in a professional. We will assess your unit and determine if our heater replacement service is the best option for you.
Benefits of Installing a New Heater
Not sure if you need a new heater? If your existing heater is well past its prime and no longer running efficiently, it might be time for a replacement. Here are some additional benefits of installing a new system:
- Energy efficiency: When you invest in a new system, you’ll notice that your energy bills decrease. Your new unit will be more efficient and better for the environment, too.
- Increased comfort: New systems heat up quickly to meet the setting on your thermostat. You shouldn’t have to wait long for your property’s temperature to reach the level you want it.
- Better indoor air quality: Newer units have better filters and clean components, which directly affect the air you breathe.
- Prevent carbon monoxide poisoning: Older furnaces can be a carbon monoxide hazard, and other aging heating systems are prone to weakened piping. Noxious gas and pipe bursts are serious, so note how old your heating system is and get it checked if this is a concern.
- Less hassle: Once you install a new heater, you shouldn’t have repaired it any time soon. A new system won’t constantly shut off from faulty wiring or old sensors, and it won’t need your attention.
- More even heating: You’ll notice that your property will heat more evenly when you install a new heater. Your home will be relatively the same temperature throughout.
Have you considered an energy efficient radiant heating system for your flooring? These systems can provide comfort while saving you money!
How to Save Money on Heating Costs
A high priority for many homeowners is to save money on energy costs. There is no reason to be paying extra for heating your home. Some tips you can use to save money on your monthly heating bills include:
- Investing in regular duct cleaning and air filter replacements.
- Have your unit inspected at least once or twice per year.
- Saving on unnecessary repair costs by replacing your heater sooner rather than later.
By keeping an eye on your unit and ensuring it’s working efficiently, you can save on your monthly energy bills.
Each Service Call Includes These Great Features
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: We promise you’ll be satisfied.
- Price Guarantee: To protect homeowners from receiving an unexpected bill.
- Environmental Promise: We recycle and work with sustainable brands and materials.
- Respect: We treat your home like it’s our own.